Wednesday 3 July 2013

In The Quiet Heart Is Hidden

  photo Dancing_in_The_Rain2.jpg

In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can't see.
Who am I to judge another?
Lord, I would follow thee.

~LDS Hymn Book, Lord I would Follow Thee

 One thing which I really struggle with, and which has been a particular heartache for me over these past fourteen years or so is the way in which I have been judged and found wanting by the very people who should know better and who should have known me better.  Sometimes the people who are supposed to love you are the ones who hurt you the most, and who are the most unforgiving and most judgemental.

There are two sides to every story and if you only ever listen to one side, you only really know one half of the story.  Just because you haven't been told the other side . . . doesn't make it a lie, anymore than having been told the one side makes it the truth.  Things happen for a variety of reasons.  

I think we need to trust each other, especially if we purpote to love each other.   Why does there have to be a right and a wrong in every story.  

No comments: